2018-2019 50th Anniversary Season
A Christmas Festival: Sunday, 2nd December 2018
With Mullingar Town Band and the choir of St. Kenny National School.
Conductor: Fergus O’Carroll
Accompanied by Fintan Farrelly
Soloist: Joanna Fagan, soprano
Join Mullingar Choral Society, celebrating their 50th anniversary, for a festive evening of great music and fun accompanied by Mullingar Town Band and special guests local soprano, Joanna Fagan and the angelic voices of the choir of St. Kenny National School. Individual and family tickets are available making this the perfect Christmas night out for everyone!
Tickets are available now from any choir member and at the door on the night.
50th Anniversary Spring Concert: Sunday, March 3rd 2019
Spring Concert Programme
- Gloria (Vivaldi)
- Song of the Universal (Ola Gjeilo – see video below)
- Slane – a new piece specially composed by Fergus O’Carroll for Mullingar Choral Society’s 50th Anniversary.
—- Interval —–
- O Fortuna (from Carmina Burana, Carl Orff) – first performed by Mullingar Choral Society for their 25th anniversary concert.
- Sanctus and In Paradisum (Requiem, Fauré) – the first half of Mullingar Choral Society’s first choral concert on Sunday, March 2nd 1969 was Fauré’s Requiem.
- Gloria (Messa di Gloria, Puccini)
- Benedictus (The Armed Man, Jenkins)
- Christus Factus Est (Bruckner)
- Ave Maria (Schubert)
- Song of the Earth and Omnis Terra (Jubilate Deo, Dan Forrest)
- Encore: Brindisi (La Triviata, Verdi)
For those of you that cannot wait for our next performance here are a couple of treats to keep you going – our performance of “Jubilate Deo” from our 2018 Spring Concert and our version of “Africa” from Culture Night 2015.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a reply below.