2018-2019 50th Anniversary Season
Golden Jubilee Concert
Sunday, March 3rd 2019
Mullingar Choral Society celebrates 50 years of music-making with a spectacular celebration concert! Conducted by Fergus O’Carroll and accompanied by the City of Dublin Chamber Orchestra with Joanna Fagan (soprano), Paula Kilmurray (soprano) and Miriam Blennerhassett (alto), all amazingly talented Mullingar-based artists, Owen Gilhooly (tenor) and Adele O’Dwyer (cello).
- Gloria (Vivaldi)
- O Clavis David (Niall Tormey)
- Song of the Universal (Ola Gjeilo – see video below)
- Slane – a new piece specially composed by Fergus O’Carroll for Mullingar Choral Society’s 50th Anniversary.
—- Interval —–
- O Fortuna (from Carmina Burana, Carl Orff) – first performed by Mullingar Choral Society for their 25th anniversary concert.
- Sanctus and In Paradisum (Requiem, Fauré) – the first half of Mullingar Choral Society’s first choral concert on Sunday, March 2nd 1969 was Fauré’s Requiem.
- Gloria (Messa di Gloria, Puccini)
- Benedictus (The Armed Man, Jenkins)
- Christus Factus Est (Bruckner)
- Ave Maria (Schubert)
- Song of the Earth and Omnis Terra (Jubilate Deo, Dan Forrest)
For those of you that cannot wait for our next performance here are a couple of treats to keep you going – our performance of “Jubilate Deo” from our 2018 Spring Concert and our version of “Africa” from Culture Night 2015.
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a reply below.